Probation Violations in Los Angeles
If you or someone you love is facing probation violation charges in Los Angeles, you need the help of a serious criminal defense firm. At Arro Law, our probation violation defense attorneys are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to speak with you about your probation violation and schedule a confidential consultation about your case.
Call Arro Law for protection of your legal rights and the representation of a defense team that is:
- Knowledgeable in all areas of probation violations;
- Experienced and driven to succeed on behalf of our clients; and
- Proven successful in probation violation hearings.
A Los Angeles Probation Violation Lawyer Can Help You
A probation violation attorney is a vital part of your criminal defense. Your probation violation attorney from Arro Law will explain the probation violation process to you in an understandable way and apply the process to the circumstances surrounding your case. Your attorney will also gather any evidence needed to present your case to the judge and refute the prosecution’s charges.
Additionally, an experienced probation violation lawyer from Arro Law will advise you of courtroom procedure and prepare you for testimony in front of the court. Your testimony must provide the information needed by the judge to lessen any punishment or even dismiss the allegations against you.
Contact Arro Law today for a case consultation and the following:
- Honest legal advice;
- A customized defense strategy; and
- An assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the prosecution’s case.
What Is a Probation Violation in California?
Probation is a sentence imposed in place of or alongside a jail or prison sentence. Probation allows those who plead guilty to or are convicted of crimes to serve all or part of their sentences outside of jail or prison.
Probation requires more than staying out of legal trouble for a set period of time. Terms of probation often include, but are not limited to the following:
- Not possessing a firearm of any kind;
- Securing and keeping gainful employment;
- Attending school;
- Adhering to a curfew;
- Remaining at a particular residence;
- Not traveling out of state;
- No contact with past associates;
- No use or possession of alcohol;
- Wearing an electronic tag or monitor;
- Alcohol and/or drug testing;
- Alcohol and/or psychological treatment; and
- Community service.
A violation of probation is a serious charge that may carry severe penalties.
Common Probation Violations in Los Angeles
Probation violations are common in Los Angeles. Defendants most often commit the following probation violations:
- Failure to appear for a court date;
- Failure to report to a probation officer;
- Failure to pay restitution or a fine;
- Commission of a new crime; and
- Failure of or refusal to take a drug test.
When a defendant violates their probation in Los Angeles, a probation officer or police officer may arrest that person and bring them before a judge, or the defendant will receive an order to appear at a probation violation hearing.
Probation Violation Hearings in Los Angeles
Probation violation hearings are similar to but allow more types of evidence than a criminal trial. If a defendant is found guilty of a probation violation, a judge may do any of the following:
- Revoke the defendant’s probation;
- Dismiss the new probation violation charges;
- Add additional time and stipulations to the defendant’s current probation; or
- Add extra sentence time to the defendant’s current jail or prison sentence.
Contact a Probation Violation Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you violate your probation and are worried about the consequences of a probation violation hearing, do not wait to retain the experienced Los Angeles attorneys at Arro Law. Your attorney will investigate any alleged violation of probation and assess whether the prosecution can prove the violation occurred and if so, start working right away to mitigate any potential consequences of the violation. Call our attorneys to schedule your free consultation today.