Fraud Crimes in Los Angeles
Fraud crimes in Los Angeles are a serious problem for an accused offender. Fraud cases may be either a misdemeanor or felony crime and prosecuted by the state or federal government. If you or someone you love is facing a fraud charge, call Arro Law.
Our fraud crimes lawyer will protect your legal interests, assert your rights, and aggressively fight any charges against you. At Arro Law, our attorneys are:
- Successful; and
Call our top-tier legal defense firm in Los Angeles today. Arro Law has the experience and resources necessary to protect your constitutional rights from any fraud accusations.
Let Our Fraud Crimes Attorneys Help You
Retaining Arro Law for your fraud case gives you a fighting chance against even the strongest prosecution case. At Arro Law, we offer you a vigorous, experienced defense and know how both the state and federal court systems approach fraud cases.
Arro Law’s fraud crimes attorneys will do the following, and more, on your behalf:
- Advise you on successful defenses to fraud crimes;
- Determine the best avenue of defense for your case;
- Protect you against serious consequences of fraud in California;
- Challenge and investigate any evidence regarding your case;
- Interview any witnesses;
- Work tirelessly to build a trial-ready case on your behalf;
- Seek a dismissal of charges when appropriate;
- Arrange an acceptable plea negotiation where advisable; or
- Proceed with a trial.
Reach out to Arro Law for more information on how we can help you. We take calls anytime, day or night.
What Is Fraud in California?
In California, fraud occurs anytime one commits an act that:
- Results in an unfair or undeserved benefit to one’s self; and/or
- Causes harm or loss to another person.
A fraudulent act is typically driven by the desire for financial gain or to escape criminal culpability. Fraud is often referred to as a white-collar crime.
What Are the Punishments for Fraud in California?
Fraud may be a misdemeanor or a felony in California, depending upon the facts of the case and the alleged offender’s criminal history. Many fraud crimes are automatic felonies in California. Some fraud offenses are both federal and state crimes.
The penalties for fraud in California can include removal or deportation of resident aliens, professional license suspension or revocation, and property or money seizure.
Some of the most common defenses to fraud crimes include the following:
- Lack of fraudulent intent;
- Mistaken identity; and
What Are the Different Types of Fraud in California?
There are several types of fraud in California. Fraud may include any of the following offenses and more:
- Insurance fraud, such as Medi-Cal and unemployment insurance fraud;
- Real estate and mortgage fraud, like forging deeds and predatory lending;
- Check fraud and credit card fraud;
- Forgery and identity theft;
- Senior fraud; and
- Mail fraud.
Contact a Los Angeles Fraud Crimes Attorney
Time is crucial in a fraud case. Call Arro Law now if you stand accused of any of the above fraud charges or think you will be charged with any type of fraud. The faster we tackle your case, the better our chances at lessening any charges or even procuring a dismissal in your case.